We offer asphalt shingle, standing seam and metal shake roofing services. Each of these alternative roofing materials are briefly discussed below.
Please note that the roofing options in this section apply to steep roofs, which are the most common in homes in BC. If you happen to have a flat roofed home, please see the Commercial & Industrial Roofing section.
Asphalt shingles are a traditional roofing material that is fairly inexpensive and depending on the specific composition, can last from 20 to 50 years. Due to the amount of labour involved, installation is the more significant cost factor. In the wet and sometimes windy climate of the BC coast, most issues with asphalt shingles stem from moss, which can grow to lift the edges of the shingles, making it easier for them to come loose with the potential to tear away completely in high winds. A yearly inspection is recommended, and we can usually take care of minor repairs right away.
Our services include removal of old shingles and underlayment (if needed), inspection and repair of the decking, installation of underlayment, shingles, flashing and trim.
If you know the approximate size of your roof, you can call us for a quick estimate on an asphalt shingle roof or replacement - 604-309-0574.
WE DO REPAIRS TOO!
If you have a leak or notice a shingle missing, please call right away to schedule an appointment. If it’s an emergency, we’ll be on our way.
Standing Seam / Sheet Metal Roofing
Used for decades as an industrial cladding, sheet metal has now been introduced as a highly effective and durable roofing material. This type of roofing will usually last as long as a home – from 40 to 70 years. While the cost of materials is higher than asphalt shingles, installation time is greatly reduced. Metal roofing is often quieter that an asphalt roof when installed with solid sheeting. On the upside, moss and wind will not be a problem. Some of the many other benefits of sheet metal roofing include:
- Range of colours – there are 100 colours available!
- Faster installation – a few nice days are all we need to weather proof your new roof.
- Lighter weight – if you’re building a new home or constructing an addition, you may be able to reduce costs by reducing the number of roof supports.
- Increased shedding – with far less resistance than asphalt shingles, snow rarely sticks and is quickly shed.
- Less maintenance – inspections are only needed periodically and the chances of any damage to the underlying decking is minimal.
- Greater safety – a metal roof provides added protection from wildfire or lightening (and will not attract lightening, but we can ground the roof if you’re concerned).
- Reduced cooling costs – even when painted, metal roofs reflect thermal energy and can reduce energy use for air conditioning by up to 25%.
- Environmentally friendly – made from up to 95% recycled material and again recyclable, metal roofing is the environmentally friendly choice.
Our services include removal of old roofing material (if needed), inspection and repair of the decking, installation of underlayment, roofing sheets, flashing and trim.
For a free design consultation or price estimate on a new sheet metal roof, repair or replacement, please call 604-309-0574.
NEED A METAL ROOF REPAIRED
Please don’t go up there yourself! In addition to the danger of slipping, sheet metal roofing can be damaged if you walk on it without proper preparation and care. If you have a concern, please call to schedule an appointment.
Metal shakes have all of the benefits of sheet metal roofing, and while more costly, need even less time for installation. Additional benefits, are the ability in many cases to install metal shakes (or metal shingles) over an existing roof, saving even more time; and the ease of installation around unique shapes and features. If you are considering a roof mounted solar panel or satellite dish though, standing seam is the better option.
With their aesthetic appeal and durability, metal shakes are worthy of serious consideration. Please call us at 604-309-0574 for a free design consultation and price estimate on a new metal shake roof or replacement.